Storytalks are not speeches, but dynamic and entertaining presentations to convey a relevant message.
Effectiveness and Performance Talks
Risk Management Talks
- Decision Making – The ability to make good decisions is an extremely important skill and one that people involved in high risk endeavors believe is essential to not only mission success but in risk mitigation and avoidance. This talk uses a familiar decision making scenario to highlight the complexities and considerations that are a part of the decisions we make in a high risk environment.
- Situational Awareness – Mark Twain said "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." This talk looks at the importance of good situational awareness and ways to achieve it.
- Communication –Accomplishing the mission, working as an effective team, managing crisis are just a few situations that require effective communication. This talk addresses the challenges and barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them.
- Team Effectiveness Workshop (4 Hours)- Combines the Decision Making, Situational Awareness and Communication talks with practical application team exercises
- Developing Good Leaders Guidance/Intent - One of the most valuable things a leader can do to put teams on the path to success is provide good leaders guidance or intent.
- Problem Solving - Problem Framing, Course of Action Development and Analysis, and Transitioning from Planning to Execution
- Know When to Say No- This presentation addresses the “no-vote”. This talk discusses creating the environment, empowering your team, and building understanding to know when to say no.
- Smart People, Good Teams, Bad Decisions - Sometimes when you make bad decisions, bad things happen. This talk uses unique historical examples of accidents and disasters to look at bad decisions made by smart people and good teams and attempt to highlight some of the contributing factors to those bad decisions.
- On stage everyone can hear you scream -Public speaking is heralded as one of the top fears people have. This talk provides techniques and ideas to get past the fear and deliver effective presentations.
- R U RDY - This talk uses examples of courage, confidence, cleverness, and working together as a team to frame the question "Are you ready to make a difference"
- Insert Coin - Lesson Learned from the Arcade - As a kid I spent a lot of time in Arcades feeding quarters into video games for hours. This talk takes an amusing look at life lessons gleaned from those arcade games and the days playing them
Risk Management Talks
- My Way to the Danger Zone- We usually don't think of ourselves as dangerous yet often we find ourselves in dangerous situations. This talk looks at some of the "Danger Enablers" that have pushed me toward the danger zone to raise awareness which is a critical first step in mitigating and avoiding these enablers.
- Better Be Lucky When your not Good - We have all heard and perhaps sometimes used the phrased I’d rather be lucky than good. But in the business of aviation good is a prerequisite and luck is hard to plan for. Using a aviation "close call" as a case study this talk looks at the difference between luck and skill.