Art "Turbo" Tomassetti
US Marine Corps Veteran
- Twenty seven year United States Marine Corps veteran with experience in Training, Safety and Standardization, and Operations.
- Combat experience - 39 missions during Operation Desert Storm.
- Military Awards include the Legion of Merit, two Defense Meritorious Service Medals, Meritorious Service Medal, and Air Medal with "V" device for Valor and numeral three.
Flight Test Professional
- Graduate of the United States Naval Test Pilot School with more than 15 years of flight test experience.
- Member of the Joint Strike Fighter Test Force and last lead government pilot for the X-35 Test Team. The only U.S. Government pilot to fly all three variants of the X-35 aircraft and flew the first ever Short Take-Off, level supersonic dash and vertical landing accomplished on a single flight. Only pilot to have flown both the X-35 and F-35.
- Safely completed over 3200 hours of flight time in more than 40 different aircraft.
- Former President and Fellow of the Society of Experimental Test Pilots. Recipient of the Tony Levier Flight Test Safety Award in 201
- Six years experience in the Defense Aerospace industry as the Lockheed Martin USMC F-35 Program Manager
- Commanded Air Test and Evaluation Squadron 23 with over 800 personnel responsible for safe and effective flight test on US Naval Aircraft.
- Commanded the Marine Aviation Detachment at Patuxent River responsible for managing the US Marine Corps Aviation Acquisition Professional workforce.
- Vice Commander of the 33rd Fighter Wing at Eglin AFB and helped establish the Joint Strike Fighter’s Initial Pilot and Maintainer Training Center.
Accomplished Teacher and Facilitator
- Former Instructor for the US Marine Corps Command and Staff College Distant Education program; led seminars in Theory and Nature of War, Strategy, and Operational Planning.
- Former USMC Weapons and Tactics Instructor and Instructor pilot for Marine Corps F-35 Joint Strike Fighter .